Did you know… Residential electric water heaters are the second highest energy users in U.S. households.
- The energy consumed by your refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer and clothes dryer combined use less energy than your current standard water heater.
- Leading the way by developing a solution that offers the same amount of hot water for the entire family, while using significantly less energy than a standard water heater.
Greater Energy Efficiency.
The GE GeoSpring Hybrid Water Heater is one of America’s most efficient, using 62% less energy and saving $376 a year on utility bills.
Energy factor indicates a water heater’s overall energy efficiency based on the amount of hot water produced per unit of fuel consumed over a typical day. The higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater will be.
The GeoSpring hybrid electric heat pump hot water heater:
- Saves approximately $376* per year—that’s $3,760 savings in energy costs over a 10-year period.
- Uses less than half the energy compared to a conventional 50-gallon tank water heater.
- Operates at 550 watts in Heat Pump mode vs. 4,500 watts in standard electric mode.
* Based on DOE test procedures and comparison of a 2015 standard electric tank water heater using 4647 kWh per year vs. the GeoSpring hybrid electric water heater using 1514 kWh per year and national average electricity rate of 12 cents per kWh.
Innovation in Liquid Form.
Make a dramatic impact on your monthly utility bills for years to come!
How Does it Work?
The GeoSpring water heater combines energy-saving heat-pump technology with traditional electric elements using a fraction of the energy. The integrated compressor and evaporator use a fan to draw in ambient heat from surrounding air to heat refrigerant. Then the heated refrigerant runs through coils that wrap the tank all the way to the bottom, transferring heat into the water tank. This innovative process creates the same amount of hot water as a traditional electric water heater, while reducing your heating expenses up to 62%—a savings of $365* per year.
Easy-to-use Control Panel.
The GeoSpring electric heat pump water heater is one of the first residential electric water heaters with an electronic back-lit LCD display. With 4 modes and a vacation setting to choose from, you can start maximizing your energy savings immediately.