AC Service | Heat and Cool for Less this Season
AC Service | With cooling systems working harder to handle rising temperatures, summer is the ideal time to focus on ways to save energy, and save money on cooling.
- Set your thermostat on the highest comfortable setting. If you’re leaving for the day, turn it up a couple of degrees. Don’t turn your cooling system off unless you’ll be gone for an extended period of time.
- Clean or change your filters monthly. Dirty filters can increase operating costs.
- Use a ceiling fan or portable fan to supplement your air conditioning. A fan can make you feel three to four degrees cooler so you can set your thermostat a few degrees higher and save on cooling costs. Use in occupied rooms since fans cool people, not rooms.
- Switch your central air conditioning to “auto” for better cooling and humidity control and costs you less than keeping the system switched “on” continuously.
- Close blinds, drapes and shades during the hottest part of the day to keep the sun’s rays from heating your house.
- Choose a high-efficiency AC with a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of 14 or greater.
- Closely monitor older air conditioning equipment – especially temperature settings, hours of operation and filter condition.
- Properly insulate your home. In existing homes, wall insulation may be too expensive to install, so concentrate on attic and floor insulation. In Florida aim for the following insulation levels:
- Ceiling: R-19 or R-30
- Wall: R-11 in frame wall, R-5 in CBS walls
- Floor: R-11 (suspended frame only)
Air Quality control operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned AC Repair Service company and offer a Comprehensive AC Service in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas!