AC Repair | Tips for renters Pt. 2
AC Repair | When washing dishes in the sink, fill the sink with only as much water as you need and plug it with a stopper. Don’t let the water run constantly.
- Do household cleaning with cold water, if possible.
- Turn water off when not in use, such as while brushing teeth and shaving. Use hot water only when really necessary.
- Refrigerators and freezers run more efficiently when full; try using water jugs to take up space.
- Set the refrigerator temperature to 35 to 40 degrees and the freezer temperature to zero to 10 degrees.
- Turn off power to computers and all electronic devices when not in use to avoid wasting standby power, which can account for as much as 10 percent of home energy use. Plug multiple devices into a power strip with a surge protector so you can turn them all off with the flip of one switch, while also protecting them from damage.
- Run the clothes washer only when full, and wash in cold water whenever possible. Rinsing clothes in cold water is just as effective as rinsing in warm water.
- Use the pre-soak cycle for heavily soiled loads to avoid two clothes washings.
- Use a microwave when possible, as microwaves are a more energy efficient way of cooking than stoves and ovens.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and use compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or light emitting diodes (LEDs) that are energy efficient. Clean bulbs occasionally so the light isn’t blocked by a layer of dust.
- Use task lighting as opposed to general lighting. If you only need light in one corner of a room, only light that corner and not the entire room. -Save Energy
Air Quality control operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned AC Repair Service company and offer a Comprehensive AC Repair Service in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas!
For more information and tips contact your trusted AC repair company – Air Quality Control at 727-469-3832