Air Quality | Decrease Energy Costs
Air Quality | On average, American families spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year to heat and cool their homes. That’s the bad news. The good news is that it’s relatively easy to cut those energy costs, and keeping your heating system finely tuned is a great place to start.
Before we even get to your heating system, however, a word to the wise: don’t wait for the really cold weather to hit before you check your window caulking. Beefing up your insulation and upgrading your windows will help cut energy costs even more.
During a heating system tune up, these are just a few the measures we take to ensure added comfort, safety, and energy efficiency to help make winter a warmer experience:
Inspect the heater and vent pipe:
- Clean or change the filter
- Check for ignition or flame failure
- Check the motor and fan bearings
- Check burners and controls
- Check safety controls
- Check thermostat
- Check operating temperature
- And much more.
While we’re at it, we may be able to suggest certain “efficiency modifications” that help to generate more heat with less energy.
Here are few energy-saving measures you can employ during your normal house-keeping routine:
- Clean or change your filter at least every other month;
- Seal and insulate your air ducts… heat loss from leaky, un-insulated ducts, especially those in unheated attics and basements, can reduce the efficiency of your heating system by as much as 30%;
- Vacuum the cobwebs out of your registers;
Award Winning Quality Service with the Same Owners since 1980! Not all ac companies can say the same. Air Quality control operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned AC Repair Service company and offer a Comprehensive AC Repair Service in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas!