Air Quality | Energy Saving Tips
Air Quality | In a typical U.S. household, heating and cooling are the largest energy expense, accounting for about 56% of energy use. There are an array of technologies available for heating and cooling, all of which achieve different efficiency levels by different means. Your HVAC contractor should be able to give you energy fact sheets for different types, models and designs to help compare your energy usage.
When it comes to residential a/c, and hvac services, there are several easy ways to conserve energy in your home.
- Close the fresh air vent so that you are not cooling outside air.
- Close blinds in order to keep the sun from warming the inside of your home.
- Place the air conditioner in a north-facing or shaded window, as direct sunlight decreases efficiency.
- Avoid using the oven on exceptionally hot days.
- Remove and clean residential a/c filters monthly. Dirty filters reduce efficiency.
- Seal any holes in your home with caulk or spray foam.
- If your current air conditioner is more than 10 years old, consider an air conditioner replacement.
Don’t waste energy by skimping on these simple tips! If you’re every looking to find new ways to save energy on your air conditioning system, you can always call the team at Air Quality Control for advice. Sometimes making your home more efficient could mean extra maintenance or even system replacement. Don’t wait until it get to that point! Start saving today.
Air Quality control operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned AC Repair Service company and offer a Comprehensive AC Service in St. Petersburg and surrounding areas!