AC Service | Ask the Right Questions
AC Service | When you are thinking about having ac service or getting your air conditioning replaced, what questions come to mind? The first few are probably about cost or even just wondering what’s wrong with it. But in order to get a good idea of what an air conditioning replacement entails, you need to ask the right questions. These questions go into a little bit more detail than just pricing and timing questions. When an air conditioning service professional hears these questions, they will know you mean business. These also can give you a better idea of the type of company you are working with. If they answer promptly and confidently, they are probably trustworthy.
1. Is the new system energy efficient? What is the SEER rating? Can I expect a decrease in my utility bills?
2. What brands do you offer, and why do you prefer those brands?
3. Are there any rebates or tax credits available for installing a new system?
4. Do you handle all of the necessary permits and approvals with the local authorities?
5. What are the payment terms? Does your company or the manufacturer offer financing?
6. What kind of guarantee does your company make on the installation? What is the guarantee on the unit? Is a service contract included or available?
7. What is the timetable for the installation, from start to finish? Do you haul away the old unit (if any), and is that included in your fee? Is clean-up included and will the work area (ductwork, walls, flooring) be finished as they were before the work commenced?