Whether its hot or cold weather, everyone has heating and air conditioning systems’ woes on occasion. Air conditioning systems are not only expensive to purchase, but bad maintenance and negligence can lead to obsolete, dysfunctional systems. Heating and Air Conditioning systems need proper maintenance to keep them running efficiently. Your system requires a professional with expert check-up and maintenances skills to make sure you are in good hands. Call someone who can cater to duct cleaning, cooling, air purification, ac service, fireplace maintenance, and also provide hepa filters to keep your environment clean.
Inefficient heating and air conditioning systems can burn a hole in your pocket if they are not running properly. In that event you have to pay extra for your utility bills.
Some simple things you can do to increase you’re heating and cooling systems’ life is
- Periodically replace filters professionally even when the system is working well. It is crucial you follow the manufacturer’s specifications while looking for a replacement.
- Make sure flowers, plants and shrubs are far away from the indoor unit as Air Conditioners need space to take in air for circulation. Lack of space means, the unit will heat up, use up more energy and give you a higher energy bill while also reducing its life.
- Do not cover your AC’s door unit as they have been designed to handle any weather. For e.g.- Rain washes out the AC.
- Leave the thermostat fan on as it increases circulation within your home which actually keeps the air cleaner and filtered. In addition, air that is continuously moving will lower the temperature.
- Ensure your system is checked at regular intervals which is the best way to avoid spiraling bills and damage to the system.
- Always keep the indoor and outdoor coils clean.
Duct Cleaning is a requisite as ill-maintained or neglected ducts are detrimental to the functioning and life of your heating and cooling machinery. Speaking of which no matter what the size, every commercial and private office or residential entity should get their system checked regularly. The main focus of maintaining, cleaning or servicing the heating and air systems is the removal of nasty indoor pollutants so you have clean air. After all, we cannot do much about the pollution outside but indoor pollution which is mostly attributed to ill-maintenance and dereliction can be avoided. The U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that indoor pollution levels can be 70 times more polluted than the air outside.
Some of the common pollutants include:
- animal dander
These can be treated with HEPA filters, Media Air Cleaners, Electronic Air Cleaners and of course, regular checks. Whether at home or work make sure you have a safe, healthy, breathing atmosphere.
Most importantly, only adept and experienced maintenance staff should oversee your heating and air conditioning problems. In addition to checking your heating and air conditioning systems, it is equally important to regularly check pumps, ventilators, hepa filters, air filtration systems, humidifiers and ducts. Periodic checkups and system cleaning will lengthen the lifetime of your air conditioning and heating system. Remember that the amount spent on periodic maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems pays for itself by saving you money on your utility bills.