typically refers to cleaning multiple components in your HVAC system, including your supply and return ducts, as well as your registers and grilles. Over time, debris from household air can build up if your HVAC system components have not been properly installed. If there’s moisture present in your home, there may also be mold in your ducts.
Should You Have Your Ducts Cleaned?
While there’s some disagreement among experts as to whether there’s a direct benefit from having your ducts cleaned, they do agree that duct cleaning can provide some air quality benefits. So, how do you know when to get your ducts professionally cleaned? Consider the following:
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, duct cleaning is called for when:
- There’s mold in your ducts.
- There’s a vermin infestation in your home, or if you can see insects in your ducts.
- You see dust when air’s blowing out from your ducts.
Benefits of Duct Cleaning
- It can reduce the amount of dust that gathers on your return air ducts.
- It reduces the amount of microorganisms in your air.
- Air circulation is boosted if return air ducts, air handlers and furnace fans are cleaned.
Call Us Today! Air Quality Control – Heating and Air Professionals. Award Winning Quality Service with the Same Owners since 1980! Service 24/7 Standing By | 727-469-3832